Commercial Insurance Account Manager
The Commercial Insurance Account Manager is Responsible for:
- Leading the day to day client service delivery efforts on specified accounts, including: counseling clients on interim insurance coverage changes and claim reporting, fielding phone calls and creating email and other client correspondence, completing policy changes and ensuring they are invoiced appropriately
- Reviewing contracts and agreements as requested by clients in coordination with Producer/Account Executive and make coverage recommendations that ensure compliance with specific contracts or agreements
- Resolving carrier and client service issues and assisting clients with claim reporting and resolution
- Consulting with clients and Account Executives to develop appropriate new account coverage marketing and placement strategies utilizing internal and external resources as necessary.
- Leading and executing new the new business marketing and placements processes
- Managing the execution of all aspects of the client account renewal rrocess
- Reviewing and analyzing policies upon receipt from carriers, coordinate with Assistant Account Manager and carriers for processing of any necessary changes or corrections and ensure policies are delivered to clients with an appropriate policy summary
- Ensuring timely issuance and accuracy of billing, premium allocations, premium finance agreements, etc.
- Ensuring file documentation is consistent with the organization’s standard policies and practices
- Reviewing all account receivable statements and partner with Account Executive in resolving collection items and/or accounting system errors.
- Developing and maintain effective working relationships with carrier underwriters, marketing reps and wholesalers in order to ensure effective issue resolution and optimal coverage terms and pricing for specified clients
- Keeping abreast of industry information, new product offerings, coverage changes and technology changes in an effort to continuously improve your knowledge
- Executing all other tasks assigned on a regular or periodic basis
- High school diploma, college education preferred.
- Property/Casualty License required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive insurance experience (brokerage experience preferred). Insurance designations a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance products and coverage.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to develop meaningful insurance carrier relationships, which in turn will translate into high quality insurance broking results.
- Knowledge of rating and auditing procedures, coverage and industry operations to effectively manage and maintain business.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills